“Has anybody been thinking about the cooler?” This is still a concern during your planned picnics or during hot weather trips. Ah, what a pride, considering the ambient temperature of 40° C, in having a cold drink!
The electric cooler is one of the essential accessories for both camping, boat trips, festivals or business trips in summer (we think in particular of truck drivers).
The choice of your cooler depends on how you use it: at what temperature is it exposed? What system of feeding would I have? Etc… etc.
Several marks dominate the market for information: CLEMAN; DOMETIC, GAS CAMPSITE. GAS Campsite.
Here is a comparative guideline for the best electric coolers to select which one to enjoy your summers.
What type of cooler to choose?
It’s easy to get lost with all these technical terms which classify cooler forms. Any instructions for selecting the electric cooler can be used here. By defining that the two first classes are electric and present.
- The thermoelectric cooler: Note that this cooler style not only cools down to a temperature of 20 ° C or up to 0 ° C, but also allows heating up to 65 °C (we speak of the PELTIER effect). How does the thermo-electric model work?? For camping trips or 12V in the vehicle, the devices can be connected with 230V also. We are sorry that often these devices can be noisy.
- The compressor cooler: The benefit of the compression cooling principle helps coolers to cool even at over 39°C! Therefore, the external temperature has no impact. The machine refrigeration is based on local power and the systems are noisy. This kind of cooler operates according to the same cooling theory as our coolers. Therefore, the system needs to be connected to a 230V socket in order to use it. We assume that coolers produce some noise.
- The absorption cooler:Refrigerant absorption is an alternative to electric refrigerators. They don’t have to be associated with a current, therefore. This form of cooler offers a lasting warranty with an absorption cooling system! The cooling operates with a cooling fluid that decreases the noise of the system substantially. The small drawback is that the cooler is exposed to an external temperature. If you want to expose this to temperatures above 30 ° C, I don’t suggest this sort of cooler.
How To Choose electric cooler
- Price: the first criterion we tend to look at is obviously. An electric cooler can be found at a bargain price totally. Nevertheless, I advise you not to neglect the quality of your device. Is it cheaper to invest in a cooler yearly, which breaks down when it first is used, or to invest in a product of quality?
- Dimensions: Do I need a cooler to transport a few goods, without a logistical organization and without a reserved storage area, or a box with some capacity?
- Noise: Electric coolers also have the inconvenience of noise, be it thermoelectric or compressive. It works on the same theory as your refrigerator, for good reason. Over time, new developments to reduce this nuisance can definitely be seen. Just ask yourself at the moment if your cooler is going to sleep in an enclosed setting, such as a rental car while you are sleeping.
- The Power Source: Is this a straightforward question? Will you have access to an electrical outlet on your trips and other adventures? If the response is yes, choose the cooler on the thermoelectric cooling system or compression. They fit better with high heat at an atmospheric temperature.
What is the best electric cooler?
1. Koolatron P27 12V Voyager
The mid-sized Koolatron Voyager cooler uses state-of-the art thermoelectric cooling technology. It features a durable brushless motor for internal air circulation and even temperature distribution. This cooler can be used horizontally like a chest or in a vertical position, like a fridge. Before you head out on the open road, pack your Koolatron cooler with pre-chilled food and drinks. This will ensure your snacks and ice cold.
Cooling warm or hot items can take several hours. When packing your vehicle, ensure nothing is blocking the fan on your Koolatron travel cooler. This 12 volt cooler requires unobstructed air flow around the fan in order to ensure even air circulation and optimal cooling.
2. Wagan Tech 6244 46
46 Enormous scale of the interior up to 60 12oz. With the help of built-in side handles, folding handles and wheels you can accommodate the entire lunch or dinner menu of the family. There are two reversible dividers to facilitate your search while increasing the quality of airflow. The wagon is only less than twice the length compared to the size of the Koolatron –P27. The deck opens in two parts and you also get a set of wheels and a handle for the cart. This is a great cooler for tailgating, with sufficient room for two large, 24-packed drink canisters.
The material of this cooler can be maintained only at 54 degrees on a 100-degree day. If you simply want to keep your food or beverages at a cooler temperature without ice, it’ll be ok. If you prepare the most perishable things next to a frozen water bottle or ice pack, make sure to pack it with food attentively and bring it to your party.
3. Dometic TC35
Thermoelectric Dometic’s TropiCool coolers will cool below 32 F or above outside temperature by a temperature of 65 F. Spring latch is very rigid, but the lid seals are secure. Dometic was the first company to have an AC 120-V with its cooler. If you don’t need a thermostat, the wagon is just as good to use if you don’t freeze. The standard of the build is in fact the right way to the higher price that you pay. But the value for money isn’t very high and it doesn’t ruin your egg salad sandwich on a hot day.
4. Igloo Iceless 40
Thermoelectric cooler Igloo Iceless 40 quarter (38l) is a spacious range of good and bad features. It is able to reduce room temperature internal time by 38°F. It can be powered by 110 V AC or 12 V DC and has a little ventilator which enables an internal decrease in temperature. There is more space for groceries, but the efficiency of the Dometic TC35 is not exactly the same. It’s the best thermoelectric cooler you can find for this low price point – particularly if you leave it in one section of your house to leave.
The deck is not locked with the same rewarding force and the body itself feels slimmer. It is much less robust than Igloo, but it is much lower than Dmetic TC 35. It is much longer. The isolation is also noticeably lower. When the outside weather increases, the inner temperature increases faster than Dometic, making it less durable in cold weather.
5. Coleman 40
Coleman Powerchill Iceless Cooler is one of the best- known outdoor brands for its big, compact thermoelectric cooler. It has a range of up to 40 quarters (38L) and is a great choice for those who live outside of the grid. It provides sufficient space for a couple of 2-3 days in foodstuffs for 3-5 days. It lowers internal temperatures by 40°F to hold the food in rooms with an ambient temperature of about 80°F at a healthy temperature. Its relatively noisy fan and lower performance were the only drawbacks.
6. Knox Electric Cooler and Warmer
The cooler Knox Gear is the ideal companion for travel. The cooler goes to 40F normal fridge temperature to keep your food cold and spoil. With 27 quarters of space, it can fit a large 2-liter soda bottle and a lot of food. It is the cheapest cooler on this list and is of outstanding importance to those who look for 2-3 days with a great price to spot enough cooler. An additional limited cooling capability is the Knox Electric Thermoelectric Cooler and Warmer. It is only sufficient space to provide a food worth two-three days for one or two people 1-2 days. The plug is attached and enters a bay so that the entire piece is one.
7. Alpicool C15 Portable Refrigerator
Can freeze for authentic car cooling at -4°F (-20°C). The temperature of the fridge or freezer can be adjusted. Monitor refrigerator operation, temperature increase or decrease, select battery protections modes or toggle between Max and ECO easily. Foam Insulation thick and high density efficiently locks the temperature without leaking cool air. On your journey, keep the item new.
The rugged and durable nature enables it to perform well on a dumped lane. In slopes under 45 degrees Alpicool car refrigerator will remain. The refrigerator for your car works in less than 45db and you are in quiet suburbs. No need to worry while relaxing in the car about being troubled. No matter how bumpy the way is, when you sleep in your car, you won’t be disturbed. Surprisingly quiet (45dB), you can leave without disrupting your sleep over the night.
8. Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer
Six-ounce capacity is given for Cooluli Mini Refrigerator Electric Cooler & Warmer. With its thermoelectric device you can move quickly between food warming and cooling. The Cooluli has a sleek and robust build, with a lovely matte exterior finish. After buying the Cooluli Cooler & Warmer no additional wires are required as your kit includes both AC and DC power adapters. The system operates with electricity that transmits warmth from one side of the unit to the other; it takes up to 30 minutes to complete the operation. It does not use any coolant and is therefore recommended for people who like ecosystems.
9. Coleman Cooler
The Portable Cooler Coleman PowerChill holds food products on the road at the ideal temperature. The material remains 40 degrees cooler without ice than the surrounding temperature. This lightweight cooler and food warmer has a compact design that fits comfortably into most cars’ cabin or trunk. A storage cup will help you maintain the organization and versatility of your food and drinks, while a reversible door opens on both the right and left side. This portable cooler can be powered easily by a car or boat outlet with a supplied 12 volt plug and 8 footer power cable. With his company’s commitment to the provision of creative solutions to existing problems, the name WC Coleman is now synonymous with outdoor fun.
10. Koolatron P75
Koolatron Kool Kaddy Cooler is a cooler and warmer electric travel equipment. Since its operation does not require ice processing, there is additional space inside to store additional food and beverages. In your house, on the boat and in your dormitory you can use the electric cooler easily. It’s connected to the 12V power supply of your vehicle and claims to use less power than the parking light of your car. The shelf is removable and helps to organize your items and store your food properly. It can be used both horizontally and vertically as an upright fridge or chest. Any vehicle can easily be fitted to our electric coolers which are perfect for truckers and on highways.
What are the advantages of the electric cooler
The thermal effects on eating supplies are negative. Therefore, finding a solution for the preservation of food is vital. That’s where the cooler campsite appears. This recently very famous, not only because of its quiet side, efficiency and small choices, such as the hiking gps, the walkie-talkie and the solar panel. Not to mention that for long journeys it is possible to transfer it.
- Mobility: The device’s first asset is its portability. If indeed the fridge’s arrival were evident, who would have expected us to carry fresh food in the middle of the summer one day? And moreover more than fifty kilometers away from home? The little refrigerator models for motorhomes make this. The larger appliances, including wheels, compass and handles, are made easier to transport.
- Performance: This configuration varies between portable refrigerators. The choice is between the top-of-the-range portable unit, which allows you to cool your Coca-Cola by up to 30°C, and the less efficient car cooler, which only allows cooling by 10°C compared to the ambient temperature. The option would however rely on the way it is used. The price ranges from 50 to 1.500 $.
- The different types of electric coolers: These household devices are classified primarily in accordance with their way of service. Thermodynamic cooler is the most popular This maintains the food temperature at 10°C from the outside temperature. She is wired into an electric socket much like her colleagues. The ‘cooler compression’ This powerful machine benefits from conveniently reducing the temperature to 22 degrees Celsius. Although it is not very quiet, the gas heating process works as well as the electric bike battery. Finally, the refresher absorption. It is reputed to be more economical, similar to the previous model in its cold output. As regards the size of the best choice, the surface of your vehicle may depend.